The Powerstroke 3 is made of a single 10 mil ply and is available in quite a wide size range from 16’’ to 26’’. The head has a thin outer-edge underlay and comes with a Remo Falam Slam impact patch which in addition to improving the lifetime of the Powerstroke 3, provides a more focused attack.
With a well-defined tone and a punchy sound, the Powerstroke 3 is deemed a great choice for rock, funk and metal. The thin outer-edge underlay focuses the sound and purifies the bass tone by reducing the high overtones. Meanwhile, the adhesive impact patch increases attack speed.
Since the Powerstroke 3 produces a lot of midrange, high tuning would be better for them than low tuning. But, keep in mind that high tuning would mean a midrange punch rather than a deep, heavy boom.
- Thin underlay that filters the bass tone.
- Falam Slam patch makes the sound punchier and protects the drum head.
- Deep low-ends, well-defined mids and focused attack.
- Versatile drum head that can be used for almost any music style.
- Not as durable as other drum heads.